Friday, December 11, 2009

More........



Scaling Eggs 12x24 oil

As I said earlier....it has been a busy several months. After the MGA and all the thank you cards and house stuff.....it was time to get ready for my next event. A two woman show at the local art center here in Carthage. Myself and artist April Davis were to put on a show for November 20, 2009. Not a problem...except most everything I had painted in 2009 had sold.....so I was again panicky. Yikes ....I need more work...new work! So what does any artist do...back to the easel and start painting.
The still life paintings had been doing so well that I decided to do a few more....or at least try. Max's Dad had an old egg scale hanging around the house that I had taken a real liking to. It had a pleasing abstract form.....there were some fallen leaves out side the back door, rich in color, deep crimsons and warm ochers! I had visualized the setup for some time. But alas life intervenes, again....it is all good and enjoyable...I just needed to organize my time!
We had some visitors here for part of October....this was a fantastic surprise. Old friends from when I lived in Hawaii were here in the mainland and we got in touch through one of my children and planned a visit. Doug and Luana drove here and spent two weeks...we had a wonderful time!! A little Hobby Lobby shopping (material for the still life, a tube or two of paint and a frame on sale that was pretty nice) checking out some furniture and several trips eating out! Some drinks and hors d' oeuvres at our house and there travel trailer. Lots of catching up....lots of fun and good conversation. In between I worked on paintings to a small degree...and planned Max's and my costume for an upcoming Halloween Party! Medusa and Slingblade.
Everything worked out even though I got a little anxious about deadlines. I managed to complete three new paintings and cut another large one into a diptych, plus a few framed prints for the upstairs gallery at Artcentral. It was all going to be okay...thank goodness!
Here are a few pics from the good times and a few new paintings.
I will continue my update and pictures tomorrow,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Theresa...:)


Midnight On Clinton Street 8x10 Oil






De La Mer 18x18 Sold oil






Me( Medusa) and Max (Slingblade) and a friend ( The Cisco Kid)...Halloween 2009




Me, Max, Jim and Linda (our host)

6 comments:

TSL said...

LLLLLOOOOOVVVVE the paintings, ESPEespecially the crab still life!

Laurel Daniel said...

Running out of paintings is such a GREAT problem to have! You are blessed. Falalalalala is right. This piece with the scale is gorgeous.

Theresa Rankin said...

Thank you Tina...the crab was a lot of fun to paint. I had to refreeze the poor thing after each painting session!

Theresa Rankin said...

Thank you Laura....yes, it is a good thing and I feel very fortunate! There is something about that scale that I just love, also!

James Parker said...

Well. Theresa...I was getting a bit worried about ya..wondering where you were. Then I see this marvelous "After the Hunt" painting and the results of the Gathering...and WOW!!! Congratulations. If you still associate with us little "mud-daubers" ;-) stop by my blog for some egg nog.

Theresa Rankin said...

Thank you, James...I am still associating...but got a little tied up with Facebook....Stopped by your blog and left a message...couldn't find the egg nog though...:)